To the 70th anniversary of the transfer of Lengiprotrans to the building on Moskovsky Prospekt

05 December 2017
To the 70th anniversary of the transfer of Lengiprotrans to the building on Moskovsky Prospekt

Employees of Lengiprotrans (until 1951 Lentransproekt) have been working for 70 years in a building known to many residents of St. Petersburg. The new administrative building on Moskovsky Shosse, 7 (now Moscow Prospekt, 145) opened the door to the institute in November 1947.

In May 1935, 1,500 prospectors and designers were registered at the Lentransproekt Institute. The head of the Lentransproekt in 1937-1953, MP Koginov handed in a question before the leadership of the Soyuztransproekta of the USSR People's Commissariat for Transport about the urgent construction of a building for the Institute. After the discussion, it was decided to build a building in the second row of the Moscow highway - between the building and the roadway was another row of single-storey houses.


Building of "Lentransproekt", 1940, Moskovskoe shosse, 7

Architectural design of the facade of the building was developed by Т.М. Rimsky-Korsakova (the granddaughter of the composer NA Rimsky-Korsakov) in 1938. "Lentransproekt", as the customer of the project, expressed architectural and engineering proposals. The project documentation was created by several organizations, including the architectural and construction workshop of Lentransproekt.

The building of "Lengiprotrans" was built before the Great Patriotic War in 1940, but it was not possible to take it into service. Then a facade was built along the Moscow Highway and the right side facade (opposite the Elektrosila metro station). In the difficult time of the Leningrad blockade, this side of the building was dismantled into barricades, erected towards the Moscow gates. In the building were placed military units, and the front line began at that time very close to Blagodatnaya street. Virtually all the wooden structures in the building were then burned for firewood.


building "Lentransproekta", 1942, Leningrad blockade

After the war

In 1946, despite the difficult post-war period, the People's Commissariat takes a special decision on urgent rehabilitation and reconstruction "Lentransproekta" building .

In the war years, part of the Lentransproekt staff was evacuated in Akmolinsk (Astana) until February 1944. After the return, Lentransproekt was located on the embankment of the Fontanka River in House 117 (the former building of the Imperial Ministry of Railways of Russia). At that time, at the same table, there were 3-4 employees.

The decision to move was made despite the unfinished reconstruction work.

The area prepared for placement of employees was only 2340 square meters, and the number of employees of Lentransproekt was 935 people, for one person there was only 2.5 square meters of working space.

Now the area of ​​the Institute building is more than 9000 sq.m.

Initially, not all departments moved to the new building: employees of the large Kazakhstani expedition Akmolinsk-Kartaly (which in 1955 became part of the current Railway) and the plant department (currently part of the PGOU) remained in the Fontanka building. They moved to the Moscow Highway in 1948.


The Institute gradually expanded: in the 70s of the last century a small annex was built (from the right side of the building inside the courtyard), in the 90's - the left large annex where "Lengiprotrans" owns basements, 1st and 5th floors, sports Hall. By the 70th anniversary of Lengiprotrans, the 7th and 8th floors were built, as well as the atrium.

Since 2015, the building is under repair, many rooms, halls, corridors and stairways have acquired a modern look.


Modern building of "Lengiprotrans", 2017

Сompany's news